About the Committee
The Department of Physics & Astronomy’s Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (EDI) Committee was formed September 2020 to advocate for and address the needs of marginalized members of our community. The EDI Committee works to build equity in the Department’s education, research, and scholarship activities and provide equal opportunity.
This webpage will act as the communication hub for the Committee to engage with our community members. The Committee aims to work transparently and will provide regular updates on this webpage. The Committee also welcomes feedback and encourages members of the Department to communicate with us and hold us accountable.
The Committee members for the 2020-2021 Academic Year:
- Chair – Dr. Christine Wilson
- Faculty Representative – Dr. Robert Cockcroft
- Faculty Representative – Dr. Kari Dalnoki-Veress
- Faculty Representative – Dr. Laura Parker (Fall 2020)
- Faculty Representative – Dr. Alison Sills (Winter 2021)
- Graduate Student Representative – Erica Dao
- Graduate Student Representative – Rachel Pillsworth
- Undergraduate Student Representative – Lucas Chu
- Post-doctoral Representative – Maan Hani