For a complete list of my publications CLICK HERE
1) The Standard Model: A Primer, C.P. Burgess and G.D. Moore, Cambridge University Press (2006): This graduate textbook uses the Standard Model of particle physics to introduce the techniques of Quantum Field Theory. The intention is to provide in this way both a practical introduction to calculating in field theory, and an introduction to the phenomenology of the Standard Model.
1) Supersymmetry and Supergravity, C.P. Burgess, in the Encyclopedia of Physics (2nd Edition), VCH Publishers, New York, 1991; and Encyclopedia of Physics (3rd Edition), VCH Publishers, New York, 2004.
The following selected review articles are aimed both at the general public
1) String Cosmology: Cosmic Defects in the Lab, C.P. Burgess, Nature Physics 4 (2008) 11;
2) The Great Cosmic Roller-Coaster Ride, C.P. Burgess and F. Quevedo, Scientific American November 2007;
and at more specialized audiences
3) Lectures on Cosmic Inflation and its Potential Stringy Realizations, C.P. Burgess, Classical and Quantum Gravity 24 (2007) S795-S852, and Proceedings of Science (arXiv:0708.2865);
4) Introduction to Effective Field Theory, C.P. Burgess, Annual Reviews of Nuclear and Particle Science 57 (2007) 329-362 (hep-th/0701053);
5) Quantum Gravity in Everyday Life: General Relativity as an Effective Field Theory, C.P. Burgess, Living Reviews in Relativity 7 (2004) 5, (gr-qc/0311082);
6) Goldstone and Pseudo-Goldstone Bosons in Nuclear, Particle and Condensed Matter Physics, C.P. Burgess, Physics Reports C330 (2000) 193-261 (hep-th/9808176).