I have taught a number of undergraduate courses over the years while at McGill University, including
- Introductory Physics (for 1st year)
- Mathematical Physics (with lecture notes)
- Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
- Planets, Stars & Galaxies
The course I have been teaching most recently is offered at McMaster University:
This is an introductory course on Einstein’s theory of General Relativity, aimed at upper-year physics undergraduates. Topics covered include an introduction to differential geometry, special relativity as geometry, gravity in the solar system, black holes, gravitational lensing and cosmology.
The graduate courses I teach vary from year to year, and are aimed at students in high energy particle physics. These courses are usually taught at Perimeter Institute so that students from other universities (and online, using PIRSA) can also attend.
Among the courses I have recently given are:
- Introduction to the Standard Model (which uses a great textbook on the Standard Model),
- Introduction to Effective Field Theories
- Introduction to Cosmology (with lecture notes)
- Quantum Field Theory 2
Quantum Field Theory 2 is my most recent graduate course, aimed at students who have already had a first exposure to quantum field theory.
I am occasionally invited to give a set of 3-5 lectures on a variety of (usually graduate-level) topics elsewhere. Here are some recent lectures of this type I’ve given.
- The Cosmological Constant Problem, 3-hour lecture series presented to: Les Houches Summer School Post-Planck Cosmology, Les Houches, France, July 2013
- Effective Field Theory and Cosmology, 3-hour lecture series presented to: Essential Cosmology for the Next Generation (Cosmology on the Beach), Cancun, Mexico, January 2012
- Inflation, Dark Matter and Dark Energy, 4-hour lecture series presented to: Nordic Winter School on Cosmology and Particle Physics, Gausdal, Norway, January 2011
- Inflation and Fundamental Physics, 2-hour lecture series presented to: UniverseNET School on Cosmology, Lecce, Italy, September 2010
- Introduction to the Standard Model, 4-hour lecture series presented to: TRIUMF Summer Institute, Vancouver, BC, July 2009
- Physics Beyond the Standard Model, 3-hour lecture series presented to Universite de Paris IX/Bielefeld International Graduate Course on Physics Beyond the Standard Model, Bielefeld, Germany, September, 2008; and to Benasque School on Flavor Physics, Benasque, Spain, August, 2008
- Effective Field Theory, 5-hour lecture series presented to British Universities Graduate Summer School (BUSSTEPP), York, England, August, 2007; and 6-hour lecture series presented to British Universities Graduate Summer School (BUSSTEPP), Edinburgh, Scotland, Sept., 2006
- Cosmic Inflation, 4.5-hour lecture series presented to: Cargèse School on Cosmology and Particle Physics Beyond the Standard Models, Cargèse, France, August 2007;
- String Cosmology, 4-hour lecture series presented to: CERN RTN Graduate School, Geneva, Switzerland, January, 2007; and 4-hour lecture series presented to: Central European Joint Program of Doctoral Studies in Theoretical Physics (Particle Physics, Gravity and Cosmology), Dubrovnik, Croatia, August, 2006; and 3-hour lecture series presented to: International Graduate School on Cosmology, Universite de Paris XI/Bielefeld, Paris, France, March, 2006